On Wendesday night I was sitting in class observing a counseling session, when the counselor asked a very interesting question to the girl she was counseling. She said, if you had magical fairy dust and you could change your life to look however you wanted it to, what would you do? The counselee’s answer was to get a rich husband and have 2 kids with one on the way. So yesterday on my lunch break I found myself thinking what I would do with some magic fairy dust that could change my life…here’s what I came up with:
1) I would have a compound where all the people I love the most could live together. My family would live there, Esther and Kathy, the Gundersen’s, Jackie and Meags, T-Bop, Sarah Lewis (nay- Currie), Laura Jamie..the list could go on and on. So I would want all of them to live there, together, with me.
2) I would give myself to wisdom to respond, think, and act rightly in every situation. There would be no grey, no what ifs, or confusion– just godly wisdom in every circumstance.
3) I would make myself perfectly content in any and every circumstance. If I had no money and couldn’t eat, I would be content. If I had everything in the world, I would be content. If all my friends and family that lived at my compound left for an evening without me, I would be content. Wouldn’t that be the life?
4) I would have a car that never broke down (this was actually my first thought). Wouldn’t it be nice if we had cars that lasted forever and never had to go into the shop, never needed maintenance, and never got into accidents? That would be like a dream come true.
5) Lastly, I would make the seasons change more frequently. We would have two summers, two falls, two winters, and two springs, but each of them wouldn’t last as long so you wouldn’t get bored of the weather. Oh, and we would be able to have Christmas twice a year!