Today is my sister’s birthday, and so this morning as I was thinking about her I promised her I would e-mail her something I liked about her for every 15 minutes of the day of her birth. Instead of just e-mailing her, I thought I would take a minute to share it with you all.
– She is stunningly beautiful- she has always been gorgeous in my eyes but has never treated anyone as less for not being as stunning as she is!
– She has a keen eye for fashion
– She is a talented hairstylist (I drive 4 1/2 hours just to get my hair done by her- NO ONE else touches this head).
– Her home is beautifully decorated, and so is my mom’s, thanks to her
– She is hilariously funny
– She loves to shop as much as I do!
– She loves manicures and pedicures as much as I do!
– I can spend all day with her and still be sad when she has to go home
– She married a wonderful man and they are the type of couple that is fun, not awkward, to be around
– She has a beautiful singing voice
– She is charming and fun to be around
– She is dedicated to her church
– She throws one heck of a party
– She is dedicated to learning more and doing more and diversifying her interests (i.e. painting, playing the guitar, being a connoisseur of fine wine, hiking, etc.)
– She knows everything about me- what a brat I was as a kid, what a loser I was in junior high, all the drama of my high school years- she has walked with me through every broken heart, every shattered dream, every failed attempt- and she still loves me in spite of it all.
I’m sure there is so much more I’m forgetting. All I know is that it is because of my sister that I hope I have daughters so they can share in the joy of knowing someone for so long, loving them through so much, and learning to adore and enjoy them. There’s nothing like it in the world and I am so grateful that the Lord has given her to me!