This one’s for you, Erin….
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Wrapping paper. My family has always done wrapping paper and plastic ribbon (or whatever that disposable ribbon is made of). I’m turning a new leaf and doing classy paper with fabric ribbon.
2. Real or fake tree?
Growing up- real! Every year we would go cut down our own tree at a farm a couple hours away the day after Thanksgiving. As we got older the tree tradition got more slack…cutting down a tree at a farm nearby….then going and picking up a pre-cut tree at a tree farm in town…and finally my parents suckered in and got a fake tree. Boo.
3. When do you put up the tree?
Day after thanksgiving! For me it’s whenever I can get Esther to go to Walmart at midnight, no later than the first week of December.
4. When do you take the tree down?
Hmm, first week in January? Whenever we get around to it. That part is not as important as the getting it up.
5. Do you like eggnog?
Yes. Love it. And I love eggnog chai.
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
Teddy Ruxbin when I was 3. I still remember rocking him in a chair at Aunt Nunu’s the day I got him.
7. Do you have a nativity scene?
8. Hardest person to buy for?
My dad. The man simply has everything and only wants things I could only afford in my wildest dreams. And I’ve set a precendent for making him cry…so now there’s that added pressure.
9. Easiest person to buy for?
Hmmm, my mom or Dan. They’re pretty standard.
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
This ugly pair of earrings that were given to me by someone outside of my family and I started laughing when I first got them because I thought it was a joke….
11. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards?
Neither. I’m awful, I know.
12. Favorite Christmas movie?
ELF! Then the new Miracle on 34th Street. Then Muppet Christmas Carol.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
First week of December.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
My mom’s paradise salad and my sweet potatoes!
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
Abosolutely white lights.
17. Favorite Christmas song?
Hmmm, probably “Mary Did You Know” or “Strange Way to Save the World”
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Hmmm, either works. I like a little bit of time at the parents house in San Fran.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
Nope. I never believed in Santa.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Neither. I like bows.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Erin! We have the same family tradition! We open one gift after the Christmas Eve service which is always pajamas and then the rest on Christmas morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
Grumpy people at the mall.
23. What I love most about Christmas?
Being with my family. Having a big group of people around. Getting extra presents because I am the only child with my parents on Christmas day. Starbucks red cups. Grace Christmas Concerts. Wearing scarves and buying gifts for people. The way it smells and feels. Listening to Christmas music. Spending more time thinking about Jesus and what it meant for him to become a man than I usually do.
I double tag Caris.