There has been so much going on in my heart and life recently that I sit down to blog and there is just too much so I give up. So instead of writing lengthy paragraphs and and mind-numbingly boring updates, I’ll just give you a few quick bullet points.
1. Somehow over Christmas the Lord has given me a brand new passion for His Word. I have enjoyed reading through Galatians, Ephesians, Romans, and mostly Psalm 40. I’ve been going back to this Psalm again and again in the recent weeks. There’s so much in this Psalm, but mostly I’ve been meditating on “Blessed is the man who makes the Lord His trust, who does not turn to the proud, to those who go astray after a lie,” and “my iniquities have overtaken me, and I cannot see” in the context of asking God for grace, and mercy, and help, and finally the part that says “As for me I am poor and needy, but the Lord takes thought for me.” How true that is.
2. I know I am gonna get some flack for this, but I am growing more and more addicted to Ellen. Her show is so funny. I love it.
3. I have been confronted a lot with my sin and my fear and my weaknesses. I’ve had to really take a hard look at some of my fears (inverted desires/cravings) and decide whether or not to face them. It’s been a challenge because they are real and I am not naturally courageous. I just want to run when I get afraid. I’m just praying the Lord will make me strong and courageous to look my fears straight in the eye and face them.
4. I am back into the swing of things at work and about to start up school again. Work has been especially challenging this week. Part of the thing about working with people is that I get emotionally invested which is potentially devastating. That’s what I love and hate about my job. So this week it’s been hard. But I had a great chance to encourage a Christian brother earlier in the week, which was really neat, and I hope I’ve been an example of Christ-likeness to my co-workers even though I’ve been discouraged.
5. Even though work has been hard, God has been really good to refresh me the past few nights when I get home. Thursday night I got to be with the Michaelson’s for my Bible study and their love for each other and for life and for Christ is always such a blessing to experience. Four hours with them flew by. We laughed and talked and I just got to listen to their stories and I completely forgot my meltdown at work earlier that day. Then tonight I got to spend time with the Horton’s and Lauren Harris, and just laughed and had fun and got to enjoy being with friends.
That’s all folks. Sorry. That was kind of long and mind-numbingly boring. I am still writing about Betty and I’s talk on biblical femininity in singleness….stay tuned….