I don’t really have anything to say this morning but I feel like blogging so here I go anyways. Just a few of the thoughts on my mind.
– I love waking up and either a) getting to stay in bed after I wake up or b) getting to go back to bed after I’ve been up for 30 minutes or so. This morning a friend on the east coast woke me up real early with a text message. It’s not preferable to wake up so early, but I couldn’t get back to sleep which meant I got to lay in bed for about an hour after that. It was glorious. My bed was warm but my apartment was cold. It was cozy and perfect. What a way to start a morning.
– I took my final for Biblical Conflict Resolution last night. I have learned more from that class than probably any other class in the MABC. Even studying for the final convicted me. If you haven’t read The Peacemaker by Ken Sande, I highly recommend it. I just think it revealed so much about what is in my heart motivating me to act and respond the way I do. Yesterday as I was studying I was reminded of how quickly desires morph into demands, which leads to judging others when they don’t meet our expectations which have become conditions and standards, and then punishing them so they suffer until they give in to our desires. It’s devastating, simply devastating.
– I have a lot of thoughts swirling around my head about being an RD now that the semester is coming to a close. I cannot believe the first semester is over. It has held many surprises. I’ve grown a lot. I think I’m a much different person today than I was back on August 4 when I began this job. There are some things that have been much easier than I expected and other things that have been harder than I could have imagined. Mostly I’ve seen that God has met me every single time in my need. He’s allowed me to see fruit when I’ve been discouraged, provided relief when I was in pain, slowly bent my will, graciously allowed me to see growth and change in my own life, provided extra time when I was weary. He has answered prayer after prayer after prayer when I was faithless, frustrated, impatient, tired, and all together bratty. He is faithful.
– I love Jesus Christ this Christmas more than ever. A lot of the popular Christmas songs have lost their appeal to me because they don’t talk about Jesus. My Christmas mix this year is a lot more mellow, it’s more worshipful because I think I am more amazed than I ever have been that Christ would come down and live here among us. Songs like ‘O Come O Come Emmanuel’ and ‘O Come Let Us Adore Him’ hold a lot more meaning to me. I feel like I got saved this semester.
– I’ve had a lot of parties as of late. It takes a lot to get someone like me partied out, but believe you me, it’s happened. I had an SLS (Student Leadership Staff) Christmas party last Sunday, a TMC faculty/staff Christmas party on Monday, co-hosted our Bible Study White Elephant Gift exchange on Thursday, a dorm Christmas party on Friday, my own third-annual Ugly Christmas Sweater Party on Saturday, a going away party for a friend on Monday, and a RD NON-Christmas party last night before my final. That’s 7, count them 7 in under 2 weeks. I have 2 more to go before I head home. It’s a hard life I lead.
That’s all folks. Time to get on with the day.